Perfection that's more than skin deep: The M Performance engine cover is made of premium-quality carbon fibre. The ultra lightweight material is lavishly crafted by hand with multiple layers of lacquer polished to a high gloss. That gives it a unique appearance of depth. The engine cover is UV, climate, and water resistant. The quality of the material has been rigorously tested for lightfastness. The result is the ultimate racing sport look in the engine compartment.
- for a unique racing sport look in the engine compartment
- made of premium-quality carbon fibre, lavishly crafted by hand
- multiple layers of lacquer polished to a high-gloss
- UV, temperature and water-resistant
- material quality assured through fade resistance testings
- The M Performance carbon engine cover is made of high quality, carbon fibrereinforced plastic (CRP, carbon) and sealed with clear varnish.
- The material is UV, temperature and water-resistant.
- Material information: The carbon products are handmade. The tailoring and draping of the tissue layers, the curing process of the plastic matrix and the milling of the raw parts take several hours. A special challenge is the subsequent finishing. In order to reinforce the depth effect, parts become a repeated varnish. Every single coating layer has to be dried and cutted afterwards. After applying the last coat of varnish, the carbon products will be polished to high gloss (exceptions are the open pored carbon designs). The carbon products are qualified by applicable BMW standards. This is the only way to ensure that the high requirements,f. e. age- and temperature-resistant without crack formation or varnish delamination of the substrate can be met and to avoid yellowing of the matrix. This high grade of handmade and qualification expenses is responsible for the price.
FREE UK Delivery
2 Years BMW Warranty
F87 M2 Competition
F80 M3 & Competition
F82 F83 M4 & Competition
Usually shipping in 2-5 Working Days