The steering wheel is completely upholstered in Alcantara with white cross-stitching, and its curvature is flattened at the lower edge. However, its most eye-catching feature is the display built into the top of the rim. Incorporating one organic and two conventional LEDs, it gives drivers access to a variety of efficiency and motorsport-related functions.* These are operated via buttons conveniently located in the thumb-rest areas. A choice of three modes is available – ECO, Sport and Race. In all three modes, the LEDs can be used to inform drivers of the optimum shift point. In ECO mode, they can also help facilitate a more economical driving style. Sport mode includes a stopwatch, a current fuel consumption display, and a g-meter showing and recording momentary acceleration. Race mode incorporates a lap timer with various split-time and memory functions. An optional lap trigger is available separately, which uses an infrared transmitter and receiver to measure lap times automatically and extremely accurately. Race mode also allows a variety of acceleration times to be measured, such as the time taken to reach 100 km/h** from a standing start or for the American quarter-mile sprint. Radiator temperature is shown in all three modes, as is the oil temperature in the case of petrol engines.
Free UK Delivery.
- 1 BMW Performance sport steering wheel I.
- Steering wheel rim with integrated electronics.
- Wiring harness.
- Control unit.
- Coil springs.
- Operating instructions.
- Steering wheel and finisher covered in highquality Alcantara.
- Scratchproof-coated PC plastic glass as covers for the displays and LEDs.
- For the Performance steering wheel I, no subsequent entry is required in the vehicle paperwork or any operating permit that must be carried. The approval is covered for the corresponding cars from BMW's perspective by the general EC permit.
Compatible with: (For cars with paddle shifts)
- 1' E81 (02/2006 — 12/2011)
- 1' E87 (02/2003 — 02/2007)
- 1' E87 LCI (01/2006 — 06/2011)
- 1' E88 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
- 1' E82 (11/2006 — 10/2013)
- 3' E90 (02/2004 — 09/2008)
- 3' E90 LCI (07/2007 — 12/2011)
- 3' E91 (02/2004 — 08/2008)
- 3' E91 LCI (07/2007 — 05/2012)
- 3' E92 (05/2005 — 02/2010)
- 3' E92 LCI (11/2008 — 06/2013)
- 3' E93 (09/2005 — 02/2010)
- 3' E93 LCI (11/2008 — 10/2013)
- X1 E84 (09/2008 — 06/2015)
If you are unsure of compatibility please send us your VIN or REG number to check. This could also be retrofitted to E9X M3 models. Please contact us for more information.